Philippopolis Art Gallery and Museum
Art Center "Philippopolis" is an emblematic cultural institution at the beginning of the Old Town in Plovdiv, housed in the beautiful original house of Hadzhi Aleko Tsvetkov from 1865, a monument of culture and architecture. The museum and gallery were founded in 2003 to present the most significant works of Bulgarian artists from the late 19th century to the famous authors of our time, collected by the family of Theodora and Stefan Maletsovi. The permanent exhibition features over 200 paintings by Vladimir Dimitrov - the Master, Tsanko Lavrenov, David Peretz, Hristo Stanchev, Bencho Obreshkov, Dimitar Gudzhenov, Iliya Beshkov, Stoyan Venev, Nikola Tanev, Alexander Mutafov, Sirak Skitnik, Vasil Stoilov, Nenko Balkanski, Elena Karamikhailova, Boris Denev, Zlatyo Boyadzhiev, Anton Mitov, Yaroslav Veshin, and others.
The Art Center "Philippopolis", following the example of the largest museums and galleries in Europe and the world, organizes book presentations, seminars, cocktails, weddings and corporate events. Every year several famous Bulgarian artists exhibit their works in individual exhibitions and through the efforts of the gallery their paintings enter people's homes. Thus, the Revival house, completely restored in its original form, is not a mausoleum of art, but a place for meeting and cultural life. In "Philippopolis" collectors can find works by famous contemporary authors in Bulgaria.
The Philippopolis Art Center also houses the Philippopolis Gallery-Restaurant. An elegant place preferred by lovers of fine cuisine, combining the best of national and European tastes, it is visited by world-famous movie stars, art collectors, diplomats and business leaders, the restaurant impresses with classic Viennese-style furniture from the 30s of the 20th century.
- Working hours
- How to get there
- 29 Saborna Street