Information about Coronavirus (COVID-19)
1. Order № RD-01-677 of 25.11.2020 for introduction of anti-epidemic measures on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria, amended. and ext. with Order № RD-01-718 from 18.12.2020 (in force from 22.12.2020 to 31.01.2021)
- Attended classes (including internships, internships, outsourced classes, exams, dual system of training, etc.) in schools and personal development support centers are suspended. The decision for transition to distance learning in electronic environment is taken by the Minister of Education and Science under the conditions and by the order of art. 105, para. 6 and 115a, para. 1, 4 and 5 of the Preschool and School Education Act.
- From 04.01.2021 an exception is allowed from the prohibition under the above point regarding the attendance classes for students from first to fourth grade and individual attendance visits to the centers for support of personal development. Classes are held in accordance with the Guidelines prepared by the Ministry of Education and Science and the Ministry of Health for the operation of the system of preschool and school education in the school year 2020-2021 in the conditions of COVID-19, published on the website of the Ministry of Education and Science.
- The holding of group extracurricular activities, activities of interest and others, organized in school and extracurricular environment for all age groups, is suspended. From 4.01.2021, an exception to the above prohibition is allowed only for conducting extracurricular activities within school classes.
- The learning process in presence in the higher schools is suspended, except for the holding of state exams.
- The group classes in language centers, educational centers and other training centers and schools, organized by legal entities and individuals, in presence are suspended. From 4.01.2021, an exception is allowed from the ban regarding classes for children up to fourth grade, when they are organized in a way that does not allow mixing of children from different groups of the center.
- (From 27.11.2020 to 04.01.2021) Visits to kindergartens and nurseries, as well as to children's centers, clubs and others providing organized group services for children are suspended. From 4.01.2021 the visits to kindergartens and nurseries are allowed.
- The holding of congress and conference events, seminars, competitions, trainings, team building, exhibitions and other public events in attendance is suspended. The ban does not apply to competitions held in accordance with the Labor Code, the Civil Servant Act, the Academic Staff Development Act in the Republic of Bulgaria and other special laws.
- The holding of all cultural and entertainment events (cinemas, museums, galleries, stage events, concerts, classes in dance, creative and musical arts, etc.) is suspended. An exception is allowed with regard to the theaters, when the seats are occupied up to 30% of their total capacity, observance of a physical distance of at least 1.5 m and obligatory placement of protective face masks. From 4.01.2021, visits to museums and galleries are also allowed, using 30% of their total capacity, observing a physical distance of at least 1.5 m and mandatory wearing of face masks.
- It is not allowed to organize and hold private gatherings and celebrations (weddings, baptisms, funerals, etc.) with the presence of more than 15 people.
- The holding of training and competitive sports events in team sports for persons under 18 years of age is suspended. An exception is allowed only for registered athletes to sports federations. Sports competitions for all age groups are held without an audience.
- The visits to the fitness centers and the halls for group activities to them are suspended.
- Visits to all catering and entertainment establishments within the meaning of Art. 124 of the Tourism Act are suspended. Only deliveries or meals for home and office are allowed.
- An exception to the prohibition in the above point is allowed only in the case of restaurants on the territory of the accommodation establishments, which can work only for guests of the respective accommodation establishment, using 50% of their capacity and with limited working hours between 6.00 and 22.00.
- Visits to gambling halls and casinos are suspended.
- Visits to shopping centers (representing one or more buildings in which shops, restaurants and other commercial sites are located) and shopping malls are suspended, except for grocery stores, hospitals, pharmacies, drugstores, optics, pet stores, banks, insurers, payment service providers, telecommunications operators' offices and other providers of communications and utilities and dry cleaning services therein.
- The organization of group tourist trips (excursions) with organized transport in the country and abroad and group visits to tourist sites in the country is suspended.
- All natural and legal persons who own or operate commercial, administrative or other sites that provide services to citizens, and whose activities are not suspended by this order, create an organization to control the number of customers in the site, not allowing more than 1 person per 3 sq. m.
- In all markets and bazaars, an organization is created for one-way traffic and providing a distance of at least 1.5 m between visitors. Workers and visitors are required to wear a face mask.
- Employers shall organize the work process in remote form (teleworking / home work), where possible, allowing the presence of a maximum of 50% of staff.
- Grocery stores organize their work by not allowing people under the age of 65 in the respective sites between 8.30 and 10.30 h.
- The planned admission and planned operative activity in the medical establishments for hospital medical care and the complex oncological centers is suspended, except for the activities related to transplantation of organs, tissues and cells, the diagnosis and treatment of patients with oncological and oncohematological diseases, the activities on assisted reproduction and births, regardless of the method of delivery, rehabilitation activities, long-term treatment and psychiatric care.
- Visits to outsiders / visits to hospitals are prohibited, with the exception of visits to patients in the terminal stage. The prohibition does not apply to the control bodies in carrying out their control activity.
- Pursuant to item 3 of Order № RD-01-439 of 27.07.2020, the directors of the regional health inspections take actions and apply measures to the medical establishments for hospital care and the complex oncology centers on the territory of the respective district, determining a mandatory number of beds for treatment of patients with primary or concomitant SARS-CoV-2 infection of not less than 20% of the number of beds announced in the respective regional health inspection of each medical institution for hospital care and complex oncology center.
- In the specialized institutions for providing social services and those for residential-type social services for children and adults, visits to outsiders are allowed as an exception and at the discretion of the director of the institution in compliance with the introduced anti-epidemic measures and submission of a declaration by the visitor that is not in contact with infectious patients, has no signs of acute respiratory disease and will comply with the anti-epidemic measures introduced on the territory of the institution. The restriction does not apply to the control bodies in carrying out their control activity.
2. Order № RD-01-675 of 25.11.2020 for introduction of anti-epidemic measures on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria (wearing masks, rules for hygiene and disinfection, measures when working with clients, etc.), in force since 27.11 .2020 to 31.01.2021
- The work process of the collective management bodies and the employees should be carried out, if possible, in remote form (home work / remote work) or to establish working hours with variable limits or work in shifts. Employers to approve a schedule for the use of regulated holidays, where applicable, as well as to apply other preventive measures and methods of work, depending on the specifics of the respective work activity, which will provide a better level of protection of workers, in p. h limiting insignificant contacts at work.
- In the case of customer service requiring a distance of less than 1.5 meters, the use of a protective face mask or safety helmet is mandatory. Exceptionally, customer service without a face mask or safety helmet is allowed when mechanical partitions made of glass or other transparent material are provided, allowing wet cleaning or disinfection.
- All persons when in closed public places, including means of transport for public transport, medical and health establishments, pharmacies, opticians, national centers for public health, administrative institutions and other places where they are served or citizens have access, railway and bus stations, airports, metro stations, shops, churches, monasteries, temples, museums, etc., are required to have a protective face mask for single or multiple use or other means covering the nose and mouth (including towel, scarf, helmet, etc.), which are used according to the recommendations in the order.
- All persons, when in open public places where there is a crowd of people and it is not possible to observe a physical distance of 1.5 m., must have a protective face mask for single or multiple use or other means, covering the nose and mouth (including towel, scarf, helmet, etc.), which are used according to the recommendations in the order.
- Exceptions to the rules for wearing masks, introduced in the previous two points, are allowed for: customers in restaurants and drinking establishments; outdoor and indoor athletes during physical activity; the participants in congress-conference events, briefings, press conferences and seminars during a speech (lecture, presentation, etc.) observing a physical distance of 1.5 m from the other participants; the participants (presenters and guests) in TV shows observing a physical distance of 1.5 m from the other participants; children up to 6 years of age.
- The anti-epidemic measure for observance of a physical distance of at least 1.5 m between persons when they are in open public places is applied to all persons who are not from one family / household.
3. Order RD-01-719 of 20.12.2020 for temporary ban on entry into the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria, for determination of the persons, which are subject to examination by the method of polymerase chain reaction for proving COVID-19 upon entering the country or placed under quarantine, as well as to determine exceptions to the imposed prohibitions
(Note: The order does not apply to persons arriving in the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, as the restrictions for them were introduced by the order referred to in item 4).
- A temporary ban has been introduced for the entry into the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria of all persons, regardless of their citizenship, through all border crossings, by air, sea, rail and road transport. The ban does not apply to Bulgarian citizens, citizens of Member States of the European Union (EU), Schengen countries (including the Republic of San Marino, the Principality of Andorra, the Principality of Monaco and the Vatican City State) and their family members (including persons who are in actual cohabitation with them); citizens of the Union of Australia, Canada, Georgia, Japan, New Zealand, the Republic of Rwanda, the Republic of Korea, the Kingdom of Thailand, the Republic of Tunisia, the Oriental Republic of Uruguay, the United Arab Emirates, Ukraine, the Republic of Northern Macedonia, the Republic of Serbia and the Republic of Albania Herzegovina, Montenegro, the Republic of Moldova, Israel, the State of Kuwait, the Republic of Belarus and the Republic of Turkey; the persons with the status of permanent, long-term or long-term residence on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria and the members of their families; persons holding a Bulgarian long-stay visa type "D", as well as persons holding a residence permit in a Member State of the European Union or in a Schengen country (including the Republic of San Marino, the Principality of Andorra, the Principality of Monaco and the City State Vatican) and members of their families. There are other exceptions, which you can find in the order of the Minister of Health. Exceptions are also allowed for certain transits.
- All persons authorized to enter the country under the previous point and arriving at a point of departure from a Member State of the European Union, from a Schengen Agreement (including the Republic of San Marino, the Principality of Andorra, the Principality of Monaco and the Vatican City State) ), from the Australian Union, Canada, Georgia, Japan, New Zealand, the Republic of Rwanda, the Republic of Korea, the Kingdom of Thailand, the Republic of Tunisia, the Oriental Republic of Uruguay, the United Arab Emirates, the Republic of Serbia, the Republic of Belarus and the Republic of Turkey do not need to submit a document showing a negative result from a polymerase chain reaction test for the detection of COVID-19.
- All persons who are allowed to enter the country and who arrive with a starting point of departure from all third countries other than those referred to in the previous point are admitted to the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria with a document showing a negative result of up to 72 hours before entering in the country by the method of polymerase chain reaction for the detection of COVID-19, as of the date of the study in the document. Exceptions are specified in the order.
- Bulgarian citizens and persons with the status of permanent or long-term residence on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria and their family members under the previous item, who do not present a document showing a negative result from a polymerase test conducted up to 72 hours before entering the country by the method of chain reaction to prove COVID-19 shall be quarantined for a period of 10 days in their home or other accommodation where the person has indicated that he will reside, with a prescription issued by the director of the relevant regional health inspectorate or authorized by him official person.
- The director of the respective regional health inspectorate may revoke the issued order for quarantine of the persons under the previous item, upon presentation of a document showing a negative result of a polymerase chain reaction test conducted within 24 hours of entry into the country to prove COVID-19. The prescription shall be revoked within 24 hours of the submission of the document showing a negative result of the polymerase chain reaction test for the detection of COVID-19.
4. Order № RD-01-725 of 23.12.2020 prohibiting the entry into the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria of persons arriving from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and determining the exceptions to this prohibition
- A temporary ban on entry into the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria through all border crossings, by air, sea, rail and road transport of all persons arriving with a starting point of departure from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, starting from 00.00 on 21.12.2020 to 31.01.2021
- The prohibition does not apply to Bulgarian citizens and persons with the status of permanent or long-term residence on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria, to members of their families, as well as to other groups of persons specified in the order.
- A quick antigen test for COVID-19 at the respective airport in Bulgaria will be conducted on those arriving by air. In case of a negative result of the test, a prescription is issued by the respective regional health inspectorate for placement under quarantine for a period of 10 days, and in case of a positive result - a prescription for placement under mandatory isolation for a period of 14 days.
- From January 1, 2021, persons who do not fall under the ban on entry and stay in our country, upon arrival in the country present a document showing a negative result of a study conducted up to 72 hours before entry into Bulgaria by the method of polymerase chain reaction for the proof of COVID-19, as of the date of the study entered in the document. Upon presentation of such a document, they are not subject to mandatory quarantine.
Regional Governor of Plovdiv Region
- Assigns the Municipal Crisis Staffs in Plovdiv District to coordinate mass events on the territory of the respective municipality. (Decision № RD-20-173 / 16.11.2020 of the District Governor)